The 25th Annual ILCSWMA Conference October 26 & 27, 2017 was a successful event!
Thank you to all our members and sponsors who made the conference such a success.
If you were unable to fill out a conference survey at the conference, please click here to fill one out.
Below are links to the presentations from the conference.
- "SWEEP" - Rob Watson - EcoHub Inc.
- "Once in Court, What's Next?" & "Property Access Rights" - James Kropid, IEPA
- "Microplastics & PCCPs in the Environment: Preventing Aquatic Pollution" - Sarah Zack, Illinois & Indiana Sea Grant
- "Household Hazardous Waste Collections" - Griffin Berry & Andy Holtkamp, Heritage Environmental Services
- "Information on Section 31(a) Violations" - John Richardson, IEPA
- "Whole School/Organization Sustainability Framework" - Kim Petzing
- "Consumer Battery Recycling: Where are We Today" - Tim Warren, Call 2 Recycle
- "Report Writing"- Chris Cahnovsky, IEPA
- "Getting Down & Dirty: The Economic Impact & End Market Development of Food Scrap Diversion in Illinois" - Liz Bosarge, IFSC Admin. Coord., Walter Willis, IFSC Chairman, & Susan Casey, Seven Generations Ahead
- "Launching a Curbside Composting Program" - Michelle Gibson, DeKalb County
- "Safety While Doing Inspections" & "Enforcement Tips & Tricks" - Paul Cooney, Ogle County
- "Electronics Presentation & Program Panel", Walter Willis, SWALCO, Jerry Peck, IL Manufacturers Association, & James Jennings, IEPA Program Panel - Kerri Gale, Jackson County; Pete Adrian, SWALCO, Jen Jarland, Kane County, Marta Keane, Will County, & Adam Jaquet, Eagle Enterprises Recycling, Inc.
- "Used Tire Program Update" - Todd Marvel, IEPA
- "How to Effectively Partner with University Volunteer, Internship & Service Learning Programs" - Dr. Mark Dochterman, University of Illinois Springfield
- "How to Deal with Odor Complaints at Permitted Sites" - Mike Kuhn, Lake County
Thank you to all our presenters for providing our attendess with great information.
Thank you to our 2017 Conference Sponsors